Friday, July 15, 2011

Well, it's been a while!

So not that I'm sure anyone will actually see this, but it has been ENTIRELY too long!  I haven't really been working on many projects, so I thought I'd talk about an old one that I love.  A bit over a year ago, I went on a semi-formal booze cruise in Chicago (if you haven't done it, it's lovely to see the city from the lake at night!)  I wanted to create something infinitely more unique and fabulous than the average LBD (not that every girl should be without one, but at this event, everyone would be wearing one) so I decided on a ballerina inspired pink ruffled tutu miniskirt and black bustier-esque top.  Since I didn't have the time to create an actual bustier, I decided on a wrapped tube top.
The skirt is made with pink quilter's cotton for the base, with shiny pink organza ruffles (thanks to my lovely aunt, who let me use her sewing machine to sew the skirt, including a life-saving 1/8th inch hem stitch!)  The top is made from cotton/spandex/bamboo blend knit, the remainder of which I used to make a dress.  Here's a photo....
I know, not the most flattering photo, but I've definitely gained weight since I made this.....but it shows the skirt and top nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment